Family members

The applicant´s family, e.g. spouse, cohabiting partner and/or children can apply for a residence permit either by filling in the necessary information on the doctor´s application form or, if the form does not allow this, by filling in a separate form to be submitted subsequently (application form in English FO2, Danish version FO2).  

Documents to be included:

1) Copy of marriage certificate and copies of the children´s birth certificates.
2) If not married, a declaration of cohabitation is required – such a document certifies the couple has been living in a marital relationship at the same address for a certain length of time. Lease contracts, letters received at the joint address, declarations from employer or landlord can be included as further evidence.
3) Copy of the applicants´ passport.

Family members can apply for an extension using the same application form FO2.


The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration provides guidance for applicants.
Applications can be sent to: 
Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration
Carl Jacobsens Vej 39
DK-2500 Valby +45 72142000

Determined by certain special circumstances the local police may allow first time applicants staying in the Faroes to submit their applications to:
Police Headquarters
Yviri við Strond 17
P.O.Box 3018
FO-110 Tórshavn
Faroe Islands
Tel.: +298 35 14 48